My Grandson rocks! What about me?  

Created by Rakesh Prabhakara



A lazy Sunday afternoon. Rain pouring down supressing the faint music of "The Importance of being Idle" by Oasis, in the earphones, one plugged in and the outher lying out and I, staring out and window watching the wet sprouting shrubs and briskly walking students with Umbrellas in their hands, am wondering where am I? What really am I doing?.

The society I've been living with has been an eclectic combination of traditional sense and modern senselessness; A misrepresentation of certain protocols which makes no sense at all, like the most intellingent species suceeded by us Humans, the 'ants' wandering around with no definite goal other than taking care of their Queens. A burgeoning population, people with no patience, no traffic regulations, people slogging on boring Microsoft Excel sheets with glittering Identity cards tugged to their new Denim blue OZ jeans and claiming that they are Professionals, Chaos, Chaos and Chaos!!!. I, on the other hand, am neither expecting nor expediting any progress and invariably am being haunted by stigmas' of gratuity. Thanks to the stupid society, for it thought me to CHANGE.



Firstly education fooled me by narrowing down my understanding to a bunch of mathematical expressions and chemical reactions, during which I could have build a Ham-Radio powered by hand drill, in the backyard of my home. Very late that I felt the hormonal reactions when I first hovered the mouse watching the pointer on the computer screen, during which I should have been watching artificial arms giving me the fingers, of coures I programmed them.


I danced for my heart beats when I was chased by a Stray Dog while riding my new Hero Ranger Bicycle, when I was supposed to be bitten by genetically mutated baby veloci-raptors in the newly built Jurassic park (above) just few Kilometers away from my home. My grandson surely rocks!



Now that I am 24, I happen to hear the natures premeditated news that a company from Massachusettes is releasing the first ever flying car. I shall soon hear that a Blah Blah lab successfully demonstrated a robot that could soon replace your lazy project lead, or manager. Study, Graduate, Earn, Marry, Conceive, Stock exchange, relatives, mid sized car, a 3BHK condo and life insurance: these are phrases which shall be hardwired into every contemporary fools besides me, BUT NOT ME.



How can I compete my Grandson then? If I happen to pen down a book of mine, it would make no sense untill after 200 years, during which a cataclysmic Extinction Level Event (ELE) would show herself unexpectedly and the successfully surviving civilization would later unearth my book and make it their CONSTITUTION. Of course my Grandson would cover up remaining chapters and, maybe, revamp the Preamble. What I mean to say is that I would not see any transformations in my life and be jinxed by emotions and serendipity.

In the wars of Science and religion, wit and wisdom, husbands and wives; we spend our life with newspapers in which we never bother to read the contents and be satisfied with highlighted headings; This is an everyday routine, but at other hemispheres of sentiency, it would be in the form of a business phones or answering machines and life is just as analog as it can be. What would my grandson do when he would have celebrated his 54th birthday? He would stare outside through the window and see a faintly transparent geodesic dome covering the entire city he is living in, with global warming at its fullest throttle. He would prefer taking his grand daughter to a flight cruise (shown below) around the valleys of New Zealand which would be a minute drive from Bangalore,


rather than taking her to a walk in the downtown with fears of crashing space cars. Get back home and he shall drink a cocktail of Organic fruits juice prepared by his android maid.



His Bathroom:



His car in the garage:



His wash basin, ain't bad:



"Oh, the monday fever":



His wife's car, An Audi Calamaro:



His Son's 15th year birthday gift:


I would like to end up saying, sitting besides the same window, watching the same wet sprouting shrubs and students walking with their umbrellas in their hands, that my life rocks in a different way!.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Blog theme music